GELeration Aftercare and Infills
If you are looking for a manicure or pedicure that lasts, GELeration is the perfect treatment for you. It does not damage the natural nail like Acrylic nails and works with your nail to keep it healthy.
But, you still need to take care of your manicure. With the right aftercare routine, your GELeration application should last between 2-3 weeks.
- Protect your hands when cleaning or washing up by wearing gloves. Even better, get someone else to do the chores.
- Don’t use your nails as tools or to pick things. You will chip or damage them.
- Use Jessica Phenomen Oil every day to protect the nail and cuticle area. This will prevent them from drying out. You can also use Nourish and Hand and Body Emulsion to keep your hands and nails smooth and hydrated.
- Avoid hot water on your nails the day the gels have been applied.
- Do not peel, bite or pick off gel as it can damage the natural nails underneath.
- Return to the salon to have your gels removed, or you can also use a home GELeration removal kit.
Important Notice About Infills
Although we offer GELeration infills (refresh), we can only do this treatment within two weeks of your initial application. Your Gels must be in good condition – this treatment is simply a ‘top-up’ of the colour on your nail, rather than a tidy up.
The Infill treatment does not include cutting and filing – only a buff is performed for the new gel application to be able to stick.
- Nails are all similar length.
- Gels are still fixed to the underlying nail.
- All nails still have gels.
- Nails need cutting and filing.
- Gels are peeling / lifting from the nail.
- Some gels have come off.
If you make an appointment for an Infill and your gel nails are not in the appropriate condition, we may (time permitting) offer you a Gel removal and/or a new manicure.
Keep Getting Problems?
Although we sometimes have the odd GELeration treatment that has an issue (we get about 1 in 50), if you keep personally having problems with your GELeration manicure, we may suggest an alternative because it simply might not suit your lifestyle. Alternatively, it may be that your natural nail needs to improve first with standard manicures in order to maintain a gel polish.
For more information on any of our GELeration manicure or pedicure treatments, for more aftercare advice, or if you need help to decide which is the best treatment for you, speak to one of our therapists or call your local beauty salon.